Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
Workshop: Teaching Strategies for Small Group Training
In a perfect world all small group exercise class participants would be at the same level of skill and fitness. Dream on! Multilevel training can leave both instructors and participants unsuccessful and frustrated. Through practical application, learn multilevel teaching strategies that enhance motor learning and movement efficiency. Learn to recognize cognitive, associative and autonomous learners and apply effective coaching tactics that improve skill development. This session will provide easy to implement tools to develop your coaching expertise, ready for work on Monday.
1. Identify the three levels of learning
2. Explain the benefits of multi-level teaching
3. Describe the steps utilized in developing a multi-level exercise
4. Differentiate between the three learning styles and how to implement these strategies
5. Compare and contrast external focus and internal focus of attention
|ACSM's 2017 Health & Fitness Summit Online Video: Workshop:Teaching Strategies for Small Group Training ||Video|
|ACSM's 2017 Health & Fitness Summit Online Video: Workshop: Teaching Strategies for Small Group Training - TEST ||Test|