Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
This session will review the scientific basis for the link between physical activity and healthy aging. Intended for the movement practitioner, this session will also provide a toolbox of strategies that can be used to encourage all older adults to recognize that it is never too late to move!
1. Recognize the extraordinary contributions to medicine and exercise for older adults by Dr. Walter Bortz
2. Identify the foundations of health aging written in Dr. Bortz’s important publications
3. Describe the relationship between nutrition intake and disease prevention/management
4. Describe the relationship between nutrition intake and longevity
5. Describe the relationship between exercise and disease prevention/management
6. Describe the relationship between exercise and longevity
7. Educate patients/clients on healthy lifestyle behaviors associated with healthy aging
|The Dr. Bortz Lecture: Live Long and Prosper! Giving Older Adults The Gift of Fitness: Health & Fitness Summit 2015 ||Video|
|ACSM 2015 Health & Fitness Summit: The Dr. Bortz Lecture: Live Long and Prosper! Giving Older Adults The Gift of Fitness- TEST ||Test|