Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
Muscular strengthening activities have been shown to improve overall health and human performance. However, strength training as a mode of exercise to promote health and prevent or delay chronic health conditions continues to be underutilized. This presentation will furnish the health and fitness professional with recent evidence illustrating the preventive and medicinal benefits of strength training in both healthy and diseased populations. Following this session, health and fitness professionals will have a better understating of how to prescribe muscular strengthening activities but more importantly they will be able to comfortably discuss why they are prescribing strength training with their clients.
1. Compare and contrast research findings illustrating the preventive and medicinal benefits of strength training.
2. Differentiate between the various types or modes of strength training.
3. Prioritize the types or modes of muscular strengthening activities that would best meet the needs of clients and patients with various cardio-metabolic conditions.
4. Explain to their clients and patients how muscular strengthening activities can improve their cardio-metabolic risk profile.
5. Differentiate between the various comorbidities associated with various chronic diseases that are ubiquitous in society.
6. Design evidence-based muscular strengthening programs for both healthy individuals and those with cardio-metabolic conditions.
|Strength Training: How Important is It?: Health & Fitness Summit 2015 ||Video|
|ACSM 2015 Health & Fitness Summit: Strength Training: How Important is It? -TEST ||Test|