Whether it's driven by consumer interest or national guidelines, the food industry is continuously evolving. Products and brands emerge with better-for-you messages and labels on their packages. This course will take a look at the current trends in the food industry, discuss the science that may be driving their promotion, and see how they may (or may not) fit into a healthy diet.
By Jenna A. Bell PhD, RD, CSSD
- Describe how consumer demand influences food industry trends.
- Outline how the food industry is responding to consumer demand for “simple foods.”
- Describe how national dietary guidelines influence food industry decisions.
- Explain how food/nutrition trends “counterbalance” each other.
- Describe how science affects the food industry.
- List the food trends to watch for in the near future.
|What's New in the Food Industry ||Video|