If you are currently instructing step and want to improve your teaching techniques, or you are thinking about adding step to your teaching repertoire but do not know where to begin, then this is the course for you. You’ll learn several shortcuts to being able to break down and analyze all step choreography so that you don’t have to spend hours trying to figure out the best way to make your choreography accessible for all students. Elevate your skills so that you can spend less time planning and more time communicating and inspiring your students.
By Petra Kolber, Rob Glick
- Identify the building blocks to teaching success, including strategies to be a powerful communicator and motivator.
- Develop a class that emphasizes proper stepping technique, body alignment and safety from beginning to end.
- Discuss musical structure (beat, 8-count and 32-count phrase) and proper music selection for step classes.
- Identify eight different informational cues and proper timing of those cues so students are able to transition with ease and accuracy.
- Analyze and design step choreography that utilizes logical and balanced progressions, seamless transitions, appropriate layering and suitable options for all participants.
|Powerful Teaching: Step Choreography ||Video|