This course allows the participant to review the content to prepare for the Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer (CIFT) Certification exam from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). The course oversees the principles associated with the screening and functional assessment of individuals with impaired function, and the considerations for the development of an exercise program. In addition, it reviews issues related with risk management and safety in an adaptive fitness environment.
After completing this course, professionals will be able to:
1. Define the role of the Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer in the health care field.
2. Summarize policies and principles pertinent to the Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer.
3. Identify individual screening tools, and risk and functional assessment instruments.
4. Apply exercise prescription and program design concepts for individuals with disabilities.
5. Identify and compare limitations experienced by individuals with disabilities.
|ACSM's Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer CEC Course Book |
The definitive resource for physical activity and ability
|ACSM's Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer CEC Course Test ||Test|