Engaging the Family to Promote Child Physical Activity
By Keeley J. Pratt, Ph.D., LMFT; Jennifer Cotto, M.S.; and Jacqueline Goodway, Ph.D.
Practitioners working with youth to change their physical activity behaviors are recommended to provide family-based care by targeting both caregivers and youth in physical activity interventions. Using both behavioral and family theories, this article provides practitioners with methods for family-based physical activity assessment and caregiver and youth intervention engagement to promote physical activity in families.
PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY!!!
EVERYTHING you need will be presented to you electronically upon completion of your purchase. This includes all articles, quizzes, and certificates (upon successful completion of the quizzes). For additional questions and for first time users, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions link on the home page.
*No substitutions will be allowed for this CEC course. Please be sure you check your 'completed courses' before purchasing this course to ensure you have not completed it previously. You can check your completed courses under the 'My Courses' tab above. ABSOLUTELY NO refunds, credits, course transfers will be given for previously purchased courses.
*This course has an individual expiration date listed below in the procedures section. There will be ABOSLUTELY NO refunds, credits, or course transfers for not completing courses prior to their expiration dates.
ATTENTION ACSM MEMBERS!!!
*You must enter the member discount code at the time of purchase during checkout to receive the member pricing. As of 7/1/2017, the member discount code has changed. The old member discount code will no longer be honored. To obtain your member discount code, members should log in to their ACSM Portal. Hover over MEMBERSHIP on the blue navigation bar, scroll down to MY RESOURCES from the dropdown menu, and click on “My ACSM Discounts” OR you can email the membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your member ID number. Refunds or credits will NOT be issued for not using the member discount code at the time of purchase.
Not a member??? Join ACSM and save over 50% on these CEC quizzes by contacting our membership department at email@example.com.
For questions related to ACSM ceOnline, please email onlinelearning-acsm.org
- Practitioners will review the evidence on family-based physical activity interventions targeting caregivers and youth.
- Practitioners will observe the combination of health behavior and family systems theories to inform family-based physical activity interventions.
- Practitioners will receive recommendations for family-based physical activity assessments targeting physical activity in the family and the caregiverchild relationship dynamic.
- Practitioners will obtain relevant examples that address caregiver and youth physical activity support, barriers, rules, and the caregiver-child family dynamic.
Key words: Family, Parenting, Parent-Child, Physical Activity Intervention, Obesity
- Enroll in the course.
- View the course content.
- Take the test. (You must score 70% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
PLEASE NOTE, THIS COURSE EXPIRES ON OCTOBER 31, 2018.
**Please note that course fees are non-refundable. Discount codes must be used at the time of purchase.