Peter will teach attendees practical approaches to enhance muscle function and "movement competency"within the kinematic chain. He will address and attendees will learn exercise strategies to enhance muscular strength, endurance and flexibility and function in the Shoulder Girdle, Shoulder Joint and Trunk/Core and Lower Extremities). Peter will apply "current "best practices" while using case, studies, demonstrations and audience participation. Attendees will learn how to enhance client's "movement competency" and proficiency so that they can safely and effectively learn/perform new workout protocols safely.
1. Identify prerequisite, generic movement competencies necessary for performing advanced level exercises and sports skills
2. Identify compensatory motions often observed during general movement screenings which can signal the presence of muscle imbalances and the potential for developing specific movement dysfunctions
3. Describe and perform exercises to address their specific postural/movement anomalies and muscle imbalances
4. Perform/teach exercises (which require minimal equipment, space and time) which can enhance stability and function within the neck, shoulder girdle, hips and low back.
5. Describe/perform modifications/progressions to basic exercises during the workshop
6. Identify/perform specific exercises which can enhance strength in (relatively) “underactive” muscles
|How to Train the CORE FOUR: The Secrets of Stability and Function: Health & Fitness Summit 2015 ||Video|
|ACSM 2015 Health & Fitness Summit: Workshop: How to Train the CORE FOUR: The Secrets of Stability and Function -TEST ||Test|