Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
How do you motivate different people, especially to exercise? Join leadership speaker and wilderness guide Chris Heeter for a breath of fresh air and hilarious stories and techniques for motivating people...or dogs. Rich with metaphors and life lessons in communication, working together, and the enormous value of staying positive, dogsledding offers memorable tools for inspiring a wide variety of personalities, whether they have four legs or two!
1. Participants will be able to recognize and increase instances of bringing all of who they are to all of what they do (being wild) in daily life
2. Participants will be able to identify their default leadership style and adjust to the needs of their clients/colleagues
3. Participants will be able to distinguish between when to stick with a plan and when to stop and re-assess
4. Participants will be able to identify and implement strategies for working with their clients as they are, not how they want them to be
5. Participants will be able to recognize and work with the unique and changing needs of individual clients
6. Participants will be able to identify and apply “Wild at Work” principles to improve their effectiveness with clients/colleagues
|ACSM 2014 Health & Fitness Summit: Opening Ceremonies ||Video|
|ACSM 2014 Health & Fitness Summit Keynote: Fired Up: Sled Dog Wisdom on Motivating a Laughable Range of Personalities - VIDEO ||Video|
|ACSM 2014 Health & Fitness Summit Keynote: Fired Up: Sled Dog Wisdom on Motivating a Laughable Range of Personalities - TEST ||Test|