Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
This session will explore the myths and facts regarding the impact of food and lifestyle choices on our complexion. The health of the skin is affected by several food and eating habit stressors such as extreme dieting, and dehydration. Healthy skin is more than a topical “fix”; the skin needs to be nourished from within. Antioxidant- containing foods, adequate macronutrient intake and optimal hydration must be part of one’s daily eating regime to maximize our facial hygiene routine.
1. Identify nonfood related skin stressors
2. Identify food related skin stressors
3. List nutrition myths related to acne
4. List foods that may exacerbate acne
5. List supplements that may contribute to good skin health
6. Describe the potential detriments of supplements for skin health
|ACSM 2014 Health & Fitness Summit: Opening Ceremonies ||Video|
|ACSM 2014 Health & Fitness Summit: Can Broccoli Make You Beautiful? - VIDEO ||Video|
|ACSM 2014 Health & Fitness Summit: Can Broccoli Make You Beautiful? - TEST ||Test|