Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
To be a great instructor or trainer is a true gift. But is it a result of having natural born talent or is it from learned behavior? It's most likely a little bit of both. See how communication, motivation, continuing education, and life experience all play key roles in being a successful instructor or trainer in the ever-changing fitness industry. Explore the principal stages of learning, discover teaching strategies for diverse situations with students and clients, and identify solutions for obstacles to teaching and training that may be encountered in the workplace.
By the conclusion of this presentation, professionals will be able to:
1) Explain the 3 stages of learning
2) Explain the 4 principle stages of learning competence
3) Describe key teaching strategies for the adult learner
4) Identify key methods for instructing ALL students, regardless of the level of skill, experience or fitness
5) Discover how to build on your strengths and minimize your weakness as an educator and trainer
6) Identify what distinguishes a great instructor or trainer from the rest
|ACSM 2014 Health & Fitness Summit: Great Instructors and Trainers: Born or Made - VIDEO ||Video|
|ACSM 2014 Health & Fitness Summit: Great Instructors and Trainers: Born or Made - TEST ||Test|
|ACSM 2014 Health & Fitness Summit Keynote: Fired Up: Sled Dog Wisdom on Motivating a Laughable Range of Personalities - VIDEO ||Video|